This post is also available in: Spanish
Useful information about packing tips for Amazon trip.
This is the most common question when travelling to the Amazons. Don’t worry, based on our experience, we are going to give you a quick overview about what to bring and what not in your trip to Amazons.
Here we go with the “Packing tips for Amazon trip” list:
- Backpack of 40 liters or more, depending on the length of your journey.
- Light clothing and possibly long sleeves, actually the best mosquito repellent (as my friend Pepe Pont advised me).
- Raincoat/poncho. In the Amazons rains almost every day. Therefore is necessary.
- Flip flops. At night you will be grateful to have them on and refresh a bit your feet.
- Trainers/sneakers. Good comfort for less marshy and wet soils. Yeah because in theAmazons it’s not all about water, pure jungle and mosquitoes. (Well, mosquitoes yes LOL).
- High boots. If you have in mind doing some trekking or going into the forest, this type of boot is a good choice.
- Microfiber towel. Dries immediately after you’ve used it.
- Swimwear/swimsuit. A must have! The experience of swimming in a tributary/lake in the Amazons is awesome! Even more if you go to Tarapoto Lake (Lago Tarapoto) close to Nariño Port (Puerto Nariño) where you can actually swim with pink dolphins.
- Cap or hat. Protecting yourself from the Amazonian sun is crucial.
- Flashlight. The most recommended is the headband torch. Remember to bring batteries too.
- Medicines. What do you usually bring plus tropical insects repellent and a sun cream.
- Photo and/or video camera. Bearing in mind to bring some batteries and memory cards to record something unique, unrepeatable.
- Documents. Vaccination card (remember to do your yellow-fever vaccination, the dose should be administrated 15 days before the departure), passport and driving license (absolutely necessary when hiring a motorcycle in Leticia for example and driving long distances). Remember, it’s a good idea to have all your documents photocopied (or a picture of them) in case of loss.
- Mobile phone/cellular/tablet. You never know how they can become useful in some situations. Almost every accommodation offers a WI-FI connection.
We believe there’s nothing left. This is the essential and comprehensive “Packing tips for Amazon trip” list for your trip to Amazons. If anything lacks or exceeds just let us know.
One big hug and have a great day!
Latest posts by thebackpacktraveller (see all)
- Flying with Kids from London Gatwick - 17/12/2016
- Six Little Travelled Countries That Will Surprise You - 27/11/2016
- Bare Necessities: 5 Items You Should Bring When You Travel Abroad - 20/11/2016